LATEST PULP & PAPER INDUSTRY NEWS & ANALYSIS: Edition 199 of Pulp & Paper Edge
The January 2022 edition (Number 199) of Pulp & Paper Edge, IndustryEdge’s monthly analysis of the Australian and New Zealand pulp, paper and paper products industry was published yesterday.
In this latest edition, market price, volume and value indexes are updated, as are the extensive briefings on fibre resources and specific paper grades. The downloadable market data files – a summary and very detailed trade files are also directly accessible to subscribers.
This month, the IndustryEdge team took a closer look at the ever-growing imports of converted packaging, asking ‘Is this a canary in the mine for local manufacturing?’ Thanks to the support of our our subscribers, everyone can read that item by clicking here.
Other detailed work – all with charts and data tables to go with the analysis and commentary – includes what appears to be a resurgence in coated paper markets (wouldn’t that be great!) and the continuing export of Kraftliner to make corrugated boxes all over the world.
Subscribers can login to Pulp & Paper Edge here and access all of the content, the historical archive and comprehensive downloadable data files. For those keen to examine the content before subscribing, the items in dark blue are ‘open’ for you to examine.
Here are the headlines from Edition 199 of Pulp & Paper Edge:
- FEATURE: Are converted packaging imports a ‘canary in the mine’ for domestic manufacturing?
- Are premium coated papers making a comeback? The data points that way
- Kiwi pulp export recovery continues
- New trade codes commence March: IndustryEdge is prepared!
- PRICE INDEX: Regional printing paper prices up 1.2%
- PRICE INDEX: Packaging paper price index lifts 14.1% year-ended November 2021
- VOLUME ANALYSIS: Australian printing paper imports lift 1.9%, NZ up 0.1%
- VALUE ANALYSIS: Paper and paperboard import value continues to rise
- COPY PAPER: Imports to Australia plunge as supplies to NZ double
- PULP: Australian imports lift to 35,000 tonnes in November 2021
- MARKET EDGE – Downloadable monthly summary of paper and board trade prices for Australia and NZ
- ECONOMICS BRIEFING
- PULP MARKET BRIEFING
- RECOVERED PAPER MARKET BRIEFING
- WOODCHIP MARKET BRIEFING
- SHIPPING & FREIGHT BRIEFING
- CONVERTED PRODUCTS BRIEFING
For a demonstration of Pulp & Paper Edge or for a sample data series on literally thousands of fibre, paper and paperboard grades and products, contact us here.